PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn bridge- color advice?

Hazel Grant
10-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi, I created a pano of the B bridge on a recent trip but am not sure what to do about the center sunset yellow. I used a blue gradient in PS for the sky and the water (separately) and did some color balance in yellow for the city in the middle. I'd like to get that golden glow of sunset but am not sure I've reached that yet. Am also wondering if the sunset stripes on the bridge itself are too distracting.

Nikon D40x 1/160 sec. F6.3. iso 100 50mm.

Since we can't post panos here, I've cut two of the major sections out. Will post one here and the other as a reply post.

Hazel Grant
10-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Here is another section of the pano. Actually, the first one looks a bit lighter here than on my monitor.

Alfred Forns
10-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Tough to expose and particularly with a pano, will have different exposures for each !!! As presented the center area looks over exposed and will be difficult to have the tonalities you want !!

Using a graduated ND filter is about the only way to pull this off !!! Could try a gradient tool and lighten the center also then some of the Nik filter in PS for the color effect !!

Gus Cobos
10-09-2009, 04:46 AM
Hi Hazel,
I like the pano capture. I too would suggest a neutral density filter to tone down the light in between the frames...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Hazel Grant
10-09-2009, 07:12 AM
Thanks. I'll have to get one of those filters. On my "todo" list....Appreciate your time.

Michael Pancier
10-09-2009, 09:09 AM
Nik Viveza is what you need.

Hazel Grant
10-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Michael, are you saying I need the nd filter and Viveza? Or does Viveza take the place of having used an nd filter?