PDA

View Full Version : Grab Shot

Stuart Frohm
10-08-2009, 08:05 AM
This was captured with a Canon PowerShotA610 on my way from the car into a house. 1/125, f4.0
I didn't position or adjust the leaves.
I'm particularly fond of the rain on the leaf at upper right.

Julie Kenward
10-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Stuart, I love the leaves but the BG is so sharp and in focus that it really overpowers my attention away from the leaves. The one good thing about the BG is at least there isn't anything horribly unattractive about it - everything is clean and green so that's a plus. I might be tempted to take a bit off the bottom of the frame and make this a square comp instead of a rectangle.

Very nice job on the leaves and the rain - your colors pop without feeling oversaturated.

Steve Maxson
10-08-2009, 05:32 PM
I like the leaves, the colors, the raindrops, and the sharpness, Stuart. I'm not as fond of the lawn look of the background. I think it would help if you cropped in tighter around the leaves - thereby minimizing the grassy and somewhat distracting background.

Connie Mier
10-09-2009, 10:04 AM
The thumbnail really drew me to this one, but I do agree with above comments on the grass. The little leaf that is somewhat hidden below might have added some more interest if you were inclined to arrange it with the others.

Stuart Frohm
10-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Thanks very much, everyone, for the helpful comments and suggestions.