PDA

View Full Version : Assignment: Textures and Colors - "The Old Banyan Tree"

Gus Cobos
10-08-2009, 04:46 AM
Assignment: Textures and Colors – “The Old Banyan Tree”

Note:
This is an HDRI composed of nine frames.

This is the old Banyan tree that helps shade the main entrance to Bayside Market Place, located in downtown Miami, Florida. The image was painted with a Nikon D300s, using a Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5 – f/5.6G ED VR lens.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 28mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 1/30 sec. - f/22 /exposure comp @ 0EV / ISO @ 320 / white balance @ cloudy / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution – ambient light / tone comp @ 0degree / hue adjustment @ 0 degree / saturation factor @ 0 degree / support platform – tripod assist with remote electronic trigger release.

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Lance Peters
10-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi Gus - amazing amount of detail - feels old. Like it :)

carole wiley
10-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I like all the colors and textures in this. Anytime I post an image I am told that I should "sharpen more". This looks a bit over sharp to me on my monitor.

Hazel Grant
10-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Colors and textures work together, but I also think there might be a bit of oversharpening here. What is that yellow spot in the lower center? If you're going for just texture, maybe a crop of the smaller roots in the top half?

Hazel Grant
10-08-2009, 06:25 PM
I feel like I'm messing with "holy ground" by working on one of Gus's photos, but I just noted that great accumulation of carved initials, etc that add to the texture. They seemed overshadowed by the roots of the Banyan, so I did a bit of curves and a slight color adjust to make them come out. Hope you're not upset, Gus. Others may prefer the original...

Alfred Forns
10-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Love the idea !!! Might just desaturate a little? Neat !!!