PDA

View Full Version : Meadowhawk #2

Steve Maxson
10-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Here is another view of the same Autumn Meadowhawk from my previous post. Facing into the wind, it now has its wings straight out rather than tilted forward. I debated about how to rotate this image. I think the camera is pretty level in this view, but the head is tilted to the right and the body is tilted to the left - so this was the compromise I chose. Opinions? 40D, Canon 180mm macro, 1/250, f/9, ISO 400. Hand held. Auto-focus. Natural light. Comments are welcome.

Mike Moats
10-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Hey Steve, like the head on look with the wings on a slight tilt. Good details and a little catch light in the eyes. The bend in the stem makes for a nice perch. Good looking background. Well Done.

Vida van der Walt
10-08-2009, 02:01 AM
Another beautiful shot Steve. I love the full frontal view, colours and bg. The dragonfly is pin sharp as well. I like the comp. I always rotate to get the top of the eyes level in such situations and you did it here.:)

Julie Kenward
10-08-2009, 12:38 PM
I agree with Vida - if the eyes look right then whole image looks right. Even with the wing tilt, it just adds to the drama of knowing he's about to either take off or get blown away! I love it. Well done!

Don Lacy
10-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Sweet head on image steve, well done