PDA

View Full Version : Antennas in the sky

kostas nianiopoulos
10-07-2009, 11:13 AM
http://images.spacepimping.com/image-hosting/a/asn6en0aponz.jpg (http://www.spacepimping.com/)

thessaloniki greece
canon eos d50
shutter speed 1/49sec
lens aperture 6,4
focal length f 6,4
iso 100

thanks for passing by to look .

Jeff Cashdollar
10-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Not bad, if you want the antennas to be the main subject I would crop down or reshot the picture with less sky. Might shot this in horizontal mode to capture the breath of all the wires and such. This image is fine but the sky is the main subject it dominates the frame.

Very cloudy day and subjects too far away to use flash, silo was your best option. Very creative and unique, keep on sharing.

Lance Peters
10-08-2009, 03:07 AM
Hi Kostas - agree with Jeff - the main subject here seems to be the Sky, my eye keeps wanting to see more on the bottom. As presented I would crop a heap from the top.
Keep em coming :)

Gus Cobos
10-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Hi Kostas,
I too agree on cropping about 1/4 from the top of the frame...and also you might want to kick up the saturation a tad, along with the contrast, to make your sky pop out...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Hazel Grant
10-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Cropping the sky a bit sounds good, but not too much. Depends on what your focus is. I'm a sucker for such silhouettes and like them, but I think maybe you want the sky (nature) to be more important than the man made items....? If so, keep a large sky to dwarf the electronic.

kostas nianiopoulos
10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
maybe i have confused the ppl with the title of the image (antennas in the sky) the thing i wanted to do , is to get this image as i saw it from the balcony that moment , there wasnt a main theme in my mind about the antennas or the sky , i wanted to get this part , this part of the sky , and this part of the roofs with the antennas .
any way thank u so much for the replys all ...
always helpfull ...
thanks

Hazel Grant
10-08-2009, 08:44 PM
That's the beauty of photography or any such art----the meaning (appreciation ) is in the eye of the beholder. Here you have both sky and antennas and "both" ---can appeal to anyone :):)

kostas nianiopoulos
10-09-2009, 03:17 AM
thats right Hazel Grant , i agree with U .