PDA

View Full Version : Vulcher Silhouette

Scott Moore
02-11-2008, 09:35 PM
I took this picture as the sun was coming up Sunday morning over the everglades on Anhinga Trail. Not sure if it goes here or Out of the Box. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for looking, Scott
<O:p</O:p

400mm
f/2.8
1/1250
Evaluative
0 EV
ISO 400

Alfred Forns
02-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Hi Scott Actually could go in either Depends on what feedback you want !!!

I like the idea of getting the vulture with an overall scene Much stronger image than isolating the bird Well done Would suggest a different ratio Don't like the square crop for this I do use square crops probably more than others

Could go for either a horizontal or vertical placing he bird in the exact same location Color wise you could fool around and its just personal preference I like the bird as presented D-Max and sharp !!!

Scott Moore
02-12-2008, 08:03 AM
Thanks Alfred,

I went with the square crop to get the bird into a stronger postion. Originally used a horizontal crop, but the bird was too far to the right for my taste.

Robert Amoruso
02-12-2008, 08:19 AM
I agree with the crop suggestions and I too like the bird dark, no detail.

Nonda Surratt
02-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Nice and dramatic, dark works!

Same here with the crop

Scott Moore
02-14-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks Robert and Nonda. Here is the picture after recropping. Let me know your thoughts. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the depth of the constructive critisism. This is the best forum that I have found. Most give general non-specific comments if they give any c&c at all.

Thanks, Scott