PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Plaster

Buddy scherr
10-07-2009, 09:44 AM
D60 32mm F/10 1/400 ISO100

Not sure why this caught my eye, but it did.

Nicki Gwynn Jones
10-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi Buddy,
Definitely well-seen but I might have zero-ed in on the texture alone. Might make for some interesting macro work! I feel that the image might have benefitted from a little more exposure compensation as the whites look a little gray. (I stand to be corrected on this by one of the experts here!!!) Another round of sharpening might also work well.
Look forward to seeing more of your work!
Best regards,
nicki

Buddy scherr
10-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks Nicki for the input. Yeah, I'm struggling with exposure. I miss my Nikon FM. With Kadachrome 25, I new exactly what to expect, but this digital exposure is as clear as mud to me. What did you mean by "another round of sharpening?" Thanks again.

Gus Cobos
10-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi Buddy,
A big warm welcome to our BPN family...:) I can appreciate where you are coming from...I too used to use Kodachrome 25 and 64, many, many moons ago...:D it was a very good choice back then for it's dynamic color range...now that we are in the digital age, the fundamentals or building blocks of photography are the same, but the learning cure is not as steep like it use to be in the film days...where you went through a few rolls of film and had to wait for the development a couple of days after to be pleasantly surprised or not...:eek: The Nikon FM was a sweet camera and so is your D60. As you know, now that you transitioned to digital, it's much easier plus you get instant gratification as far as seeing and being able to make your corrections on the next take by a few adjustment in camera...:D As far as your post goes, I like the overall capture, I do see the texture on the wall and on the complimentary surroundings which by the way are balanced and in perfect symmetry. The image quality is a little bit under exposed and lacking sharp details or a bit on the soft side. Also it is screaming for a tad more saturation and contrast to make that wall pop out at you. These are easy fixes in post processing...at your convenience, please feel free to private message me and I will be more than happy to assist you in what ever questions you might have...I will walk you through the entire process...once again, welcome to the family, and looking forward to your next one Buddy...:cool:

Sincerely,
Gus Cobos...

Lance Peters
10-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Hi Buddy - A big warm welcome to the BPN Family - Nicky hit the nail on the head - and Gus is happy to help.
I am sure Gus will explain to you about how a digital camera calculates its exposure and all become a little clearer.

Looking forward to seeing more :)