PDA

View Full Version : Flamingo #2

Lorant Voros
10-06-2009, 10:29 PM
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2391/090523riolagartos0835.jpg

Another image with the same bird a bit closer, so the eye is more visible that I darkened a touch as well. I used a blue filter over the image to reduce the red saturation. Thanks for looking.

1DMKIII
500mm
ISO800
F:5.6
1/1250
Handheld

Joerg Rockenberger
10-06-2009, 11:45 PM
I like the composition but detail in the head/eye seems to be a bit missing. Perhaps it's a bit soft? JR

Kiran Poonacha
10-07-2009, 03:30 AM
Nice image Lorant, the slightly incoming angle adds well here, the OOF birds add very too, Just wished for more details on the bird brother, still loved this.. congrats..

Harshad Barve
10-07-2009, 03:43 AM
fantatsic settings , more details on head already mentioned
TFS

Kaustubh Deshpande
10-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Very nice. the OOF birds make this different and better IMO.

I think a tad lower angle would have been better as it would have placed the full bird against the sky...separating it from the trees. It would have also balanced the placement of the in-focus bird and the OOF birds. But hindsight is always 20-20. Composition is not at all easy with BIF.

Big congrats on getting this one.

KD

Ákos Lumnitzer
10-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Szia <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CDonata%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmso html1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} span.EmailStyle15 {mso-style-type:personal; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:Arial; color:windowtext;} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->Lóránt

I think it looks good from my end. I did a little mod though. Quick Masked the bird, reversed selection (SHIFT+CTRL+I) then used smart sharpen at/0.3px once, then another time, though I backed that off to 18% by pressing SHIFT+CTRL+F and moving the slider back to that setting. Then I Refined Edges with a setting of 1 pixel, softness of 29 and feathering of 1 pixel.

Also tidied up the little dark patch at the bottom near the LLC. Hope you are cool with that brother! <o></o>

Lorant Voros
10-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Akos,

Thanks for spending time to fix my image....again. You should visit me in Mexico in the future to take some pictures together and exchange PS working methods. Love your work, cobber.

Ákos Lumnitzer
10-09-2009, 02:47 AM
Thanks brother, thanks very much - always happy to help a fellow magyar lovag. :)

Likewise, if you come Down Under anytime gimme a yell as we say!

Manos Papadomanolakis
10-12-2009, 10:24 AM
beautiful setting,composition...soft light!!!