View Full Version : Suspended

Joel Brueziere
10-06-2009, 05:30 PM
http://www.eyesonsky.com/mig/albums/Nature/Flore/feuille-IMG_7818b.JPG
without faking 100% nature
Canon 300D 1/400 5.6 ISO400 400mm

Julie Kenward
10-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey Joel - so did you catch this one on the way down or is this hanging by a (spider web) thread?

Neat image. I think for my taste there's a bit too much negative space and the leaf is really close to being centered. I think you might find you have a stronger composition if you put the leaf in a ROT's position and crop a bit off the surrounding edges. I think you could also use a round of sharpening on the leaf and a bit of noise reduction on the BG.

Love the different colors in the BG!

Ed Vatza
10-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Love the concept here. Well thought out and/or seen. I do agree with most/all of Julie's comments. The leaf does kinda get lost in the image. Some cropping and re-placement could help it a lot.

Harshad Barve
10-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Love the concept here. Well thought out and/or seen. I do agree with most/all of Julie's comments. The leaf does kinda get lost in the image. Some cropping and re-placement could help it a lot.

Ditto above comments
TFS

Mike Fuhr
10-07-2009, 06:25 AM
I agree with the above comments and would add that perhaps the leaf on a slight angle (vs being near vertical) would help also.

Mike Moats
10-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Hey Joel, also agree with others about the size of the negative space to the subject. I also think it would have worked better offset and on a slight angle rather than straight up and down in the midle of the frame.

Douglas Bolt
10-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Nice, but it seems to me to call for a vertical presentation. I'm thinking placing the leaf in the lower left 1/3 of the image. Still, I like the feeling the image projects.

Don Lacy
10-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Hi Joel, Love the concept and the two tone BG. Not so sure about the comp I think I would play around with it a little trying some of the above suggestions along with maybe a square comp.