PDA

View Full Version : Website creation with JAlbum

Jeff Nadler
10-06-2009, 09:31 AM
I am redesigning my website from scratch. My old old web program is not available or capable of running on Vista, Windows 7, etc. New computer purchased, left XP, but that's ok, chance to improve website design.

After looking at numerous tools to create web gallery pages, including Photoshop,Breezebrowser Pro, and online offerings, I might use JAlbum. Nice skin selection. While JAlbum can prepare all of my web gallery pages, it is not an HTML tool so thus have to create a home page, about page, etc. with another program.

Without delving into an advanced program like Dreamweaver or Front Page, is there a simple program suggested for creating my home page via WYSIWYG design, and then link my Jalbum pages to it? I've thus far looked at Coffeecup and Webeasy but not sure I like them-you have to save projects vs. html pages.

Daniel Cadieux
10-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Jeff, I use NVU (http://www.net2.com/nvu/). I've been happy with this free program so far. It may or may not suite your needs, but it is an WYSIWYG program that was fairly easy to learn (I had no previous web design experience).

Jim Neely
10-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Jeff, I started out with NVU and someone told me Kompozer was the updated version. They both work well.

I, also, use JAlbum for the galleries. I've been through a bunch of iterations of JAlbum.

jn

DeanNewman
10-13-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm a neophyte web design person myself. Have you considered the PS plug-in called SiteGrinder?