PDA

View Full Version : Moose Falls, YNP

D. Robert Franz
10-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Just back from the Yellowstone/Teton tour. This was taken on our last morning. Perfect lighting for this falls. Used a polarizer and ISO 50 to get the slow shutter speed required for the image I envisioned.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Polarizing filter
Date/Time: 2009:10:03 23:05:41
Shutter speed: 2 sec
Aperture: 16
Exposure mode: Av
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 50
Focal length: 24mm

Roman Kurywczak
10-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Hi Dale,
Love the chosen SS. I have debated the cut rock just above the falls on the left.....my preference was for keeping it entirely in....although that may have introduced more unwanted "stuff".......as presented......if you are not against such things....cloning/patching the bright twigs top left will help strengthen the image overal as now they tend to draw the eye....still....all in all a nice comp of a waterfall that is not often photographed.

D. Robert Franz
10-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the kind comments Roman. I very seldom clone out natural stuff, I'm a present it as it is kind of guy, but I do understand your suggestion. Knew it when I shot it.

david cramer
10-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Really lovely image and well executed. I would prefer the entire rock on top be in the frame.

Robert Amoruso
10-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Perfect shutter speed on the falls. I especially like the heavy falls contrasting with the lighter falls on the right.

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Have not been on this forum as much as I would like Gorgeous capture Dale and the composition is beautiful . I like how you framed the falls with rocks on all sides and the inclusion of the small falls. Really well done !!