PDA

View Full Version : Cape Florida & Storm - IR

Michael Pancier
10-06-2009, 08:26 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2489/3978557493_4c7d35e3fc_o.jpg

Hadn't shot IR in a while. Took this to the beach last Monday as a Thunderstorm was about to hit.

Popped a few shots then had to run for cover.

20dIR
Canon 10-22
f/16
1/30
ISO 200

denise ippolito
10-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Really cool looking sky and the IR looks nice. I wish there was more separation btwn the palm tree and the vegetation.

Dave Mills
10-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Hi Michael, You certainly had alot to work with composing the image. There are alot of strong elements within the image that seem to be overpowering. The lighthouse has become almost lost in the image due to the dominant sky and foreground.I would have liked to have seen a less dominant one or the other.The palm tree(while pretty) also takes attention away from the LH.

Michael Pancier
10-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi Michael, You certainly had alot to work with composing the image. There are alot of strong elements within the image that seem to be overpowering. The lighthouse has become almost lost in the image due to the dominant sky and foreground.I would have liked to have seen a less dominant one or the other.The palm tree(while pretty) also takes attention away from the LH.

I'm figuring some more selective dodge/burning to change the tones and bring out the detail...

Dave Mills
10-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi, Look forward to see what you come up with...

Connie Mier
10-09-2009, 04:38 PM
The placement of the lighthouse is interesting, but the sky and ground are too dominant and seem to clash too much in my opinion.

Julie Kenward
10-11-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm going to have to agree with the others on this one, Michael. The thing I love most about your IR images are the incredible results you get from the clouds and sky and this one seems to get lost in the amount of foreground and foliage. I wonder if you had been able to move to the left several steps if you couldn't have capitalized on more sky and less FG?