PDA

View Full Version : Morning Berries

Julie Kenward
10-05-2009, 06:58 PM
What a morning it was yesterday! Shadows and pastel colors were dancing on the surface of a nearby lake. I was walking along the path between the woods and the water and these berries caught my eye. It wasn't until I raised the camera to my eye, though, that I realized what a lovely morning it really was. I really can't tell you what was making the individual ribbons of color that are diffused in the BG - there just wasn't anything there to account for it other than it was "the golden hour."

It started my Sunday morning off right, I'll tell you that! I practically danced all the way to church...

Canon 40D, EF 400mm f/5.6L
f5.6 @ 1/640th, ISO 200
Pattern metering, manual mode, AWB,
Natural light, handheld

Small crop. Slight vibrance and levels adjustment in CS4.

Dave Leroy
10-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Really nice Julie. I really like the way the light splashes onto the berries. The diagonals also work very well together. I like your macro lens and well done hh.
Dave

Harshad Barve
10-06-2009, 06:24 AM
I liked placement of subject and splashes of light
TFS

Ed Vatza
10-06-2009, 07:47 PM
The background is nice and I even like the criss-crossing twigs but the berries just aren't working for me. The mix of light and dark/in focus and out serve to confuse me, if that make sense. But then I am easily confused! :o

Vida van der Walt
10-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Hi Julie. Ditto on the lovely fall of light and a beautiful bg. I am not so sure about the composition as I find the lines formed by the 2 front stalks a bit harsh and dividing.:)