PDA

View Full Version : Assignment: Texture and Colour

Jackie Schuknecht
10-05-2009, 09:19 AM
5 Shot HDR from -1 2/3 to +1.
f 11 IS0 400
17-55 @ 17
What I have learned in doing HDR: Expose so that your range of shots shows detail in the shadows and highlights.
If you don't end up with detail in the shadows you will have a lot of noise when you process.
I use Photomatix 3.2 and from what I have learned the two most important settings are Strength (top slider), and Smoothing. Adjust the strength to your liking, up to 100, and then in smoothing select Light Mode and then select Max, or the one just down form it. (Photomatix Pro) The rest of the adjustments can be down in Camera Raw. Make sure you save your file in Bridge and then open in Adobe Camera Raw to make further adjustments.
I then did some NR in Topaz Denoise, superfine edge sharpening in Photkit, and then finally I added blacks to the neutrals and blacks because I have heard that in HDR you are lacking in midtones. Had to clone in part of the cloud because I should have taken one more exposure because the Highlight in one part was blown. Think I may have gone a little too dark with the blacks.
Also warmed up the WB because it was a little blue.

Comments/Suggestions Appreciated.
Anybody else doing HDR might have other ways of doing it.

Alfred Forns
10-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Looking good Jackie and excellent information !!!! Might try some highlight smoothing for the cloud

Will be posting lots of HDRs soon !!! Been working hard on it !!

Gus Cobos
10-05-2009, 12:37 PM
The feel is over the top Lady Jackie...I like this very much...the colors are silky smooth and the details are superb...looking good...:cool:

Richard Waas
10-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Jackie I like this a lot.... I love the cloud and building reflection in the window. Congrats!!

Lance Peters
10-06-2009, 04:31 AM
Hi Jackie - Like it a lot - great feel and the PP looks really good - love the reflection of the sky in the windows.
Congrats - Good show :)