PDA

View Full Version : On The Hunt

Grant Eldridge
10-04-2009, 11:37 PM
There is no shortage of Great Blue Herons around, almost always guaranteed a sighting no matter the time of year. This image was taken early this spring. I liked way this image presented the Heron in its environment. Despite how busy the background is, it still appeals to me.

D300 Nikkor 600mm F4
ISO 800 F5.6 1/1000sec

Grant

kostas nianiopoulos
10-05-2009, 03:33 AM
well done . good image .

Alfred Forns
10-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Fully agree with you Grant !!! Nothing wrong with a good looking bird in its environment, might suggest shooting wide open to minimize the bg. Would still stay with the bird to see if you can capture with a cleaner bg !!

Well exposed and sharp with a good head angle, do watch the bottom for the virtual feet which is very close to the border !!! Excellent !!!

Gus Cobos
10-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi Grant,
The background does not bother me...lets call it habitat...:) I would give it a little more room at the bottom for the feet...the image is nice and sharp and with good color rendition...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Lance Peters
10-06-2009, 04:42 AM
Hi Grant - Agree with AL and Gus - more room at the bottom for the feet - AL has a good point - when you get a good opportunity make sure you work it.
Looking forward to seeing more :)

Grant Eldridge
10-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the pointers everyone. Thanks for bringing up the feet issue don't think I would have noticed that otherwise. I'll have to go back to the raw image and see if I have any room.

I have a lot of GBH images so I'll dig through to find one with a clear BG.

Thanks again, Grant.