PDA

View Full Version : Backlit Shadows

Mike Moats
02-11-2008, 07:44 PM
As I was wandering the edge of a pond on a early sunny morning I happened to glance up and see this mass of wild grape vines with the sun creating some cool backlighting and shadows. It took a while to get the shot as a slight wind was throwing the shadow off. Fuji S5 Pro, Sigma 180 macro, Tripod, ISO1600, F32 at 1/500.

John Cooper
02-11-2008, 08:24 PM
Another well seen pattern design Mike. Some nice back-lighting with the shadow image of the 2 small leaves well composed. Great use of diagonals in the vertical format!!

intoit
02-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Gorgeous shadow play - I really like the repeating pattern of the leaf and the composition is right on as is the dof and focus - the detal of the bigger leaf is a perfect bg, too bad it doesn't take up the whole frame eliminating the upper left corner but you have to take what you find at times:-) the different greens hues are very attractive as well!

Robert Amoruso
02-12-2008, 08:10 AM
I like the rim lighting and the shadows of the leafs put it over the top. I think you arranged this composition exceptionally well. Throughly enjoyed seeing this image Mike.

Mike Moats
02-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey Intoit, Good point and I agee with you on the upper left corner, if I took the time I could clone that in, or darken it down. Thanks.