PDA

View Full Version : Wildflowers of Autumn - Calico Asters

Ed Vatza
10-04-2009, 10:49 AM
I took a walk this morning along one of my favorite wildflower paths near home and found a few things still blooming and adding a touch of color to the countryside.

This image was made with my Canon 30D; Sigma 150mm macro lens; Canon 430 EX Flash w/ LumiQuest Softbox mounted on flexible flash; all tripod-mounted.

1/13 sec @f/22; ISO 800; 0 EV; FEC -1

Dave Leroy
10-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Very nicely done Ed. The black bg compliments the nice colours of the flowers very well. The composition is also very nice. Interesting to see the photo at ISO 800 and 1/13 for ss and no noise that i can see. It gives me some help to get a bit more dof. Dave

Harshad Barve
10-04-2009, 10:09 PM
lovely compo with nice use DOF and BG
TFS

Julie Kenward
10-05-2009, 07:37 AM
You got the image I tried to get all weekend and couldn't! I also have these growing in the local parks and woods but always in huge clumps that make it hard to get a good angle and isolation on one plant.

Nicely framed, Ed. I don't think anyone is going to tell you to 'take a little off the top' this time! I really think you nailed it. Nice exposure on the raindrops as well - not too harsh - doesn't look flashed at all.

Lovely asters, all in all.

Mike Moats
10-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Hey Ed, very nice comp, water drops add a nice touch, I would crop the left side just past the leaf on the bottom of the stem, and just showcase the flowers.

Steve Maxson
10-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi Ed. I'm not usually a big fan of black backgrounds (just a personal preference), but this image is very dramatic and nicely done. I was going to suggest cropping a bit off the left as the two leaves are already clipped - but Mike beat me to the punch. :)