PDA

View Full Version : Free Ride

Craig Carreno
01-02-2008, 11:48 AM
This was an image taken recently at Busch Gardens. The Alligator finally fed up with his uninvited guest went under water and swam away. Taken with Nikon D70 and Sigma 50-500mm lens.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Pretty funny. :) Thanks for sharing.

George DeCamp
01-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Hey Craig!

Welcome to BPN! I like this it is unique, cute image for sure and well captured composition wise. I am on a laptop so not sure if it is me or not, will look again when I get home but this does look a little dark but again not sure. Maybe you could clean up the water a little to get rid of some of the floating stuff. One last thing a little more room at the back would have been nice.

A really nice first post Craig!!

Edit: Home on my own monitor now and no it does not look dark! ;)

Judd Patterson
01-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Very amusing image, Craig! I really love the moment that you captured...it's something I've never witnessed myself. I agree that a bit more room on the back would improve the feel of this image. It also appears that the snout is a bit softer than the rest of the gator/turtle. A slightly smaller aperture (larger f number) could have helped if you had any room to drop your shutter speed. Thanks for posting this cool shot!

Alfred Forns
01-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Craig, Would try for a different crop I would like to see more of the gator and turtle They look tight in the frame I know having a long lens is a temptation to go tight Always think of alternatives !!!!

Maxis Gamez
01-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey Craig,

This is awesome... The crop works for me as it is.

James Shadle
01-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Craig,
Welcome aboard.
Nice job of finding, "seeing" and creating an intersting image.

This is a very rare sight, turtles are on the alligator's menu.

The tech stuff looks good, exposure sharpness etc.
IMO the crop is to "tight" I would like to see more room in front of, behind and below the subject.
I would like to see a full reflection of the turtle if possible.
Room above the subject is fine.
A tight crop is a great problem, just re-crop.

I would like to see you re-post this image with the new crop.
And please include shutter speed and aperture you used in creating this image.
James