PDA

View Full Version : Parambikulam Lake...

Bibhav Behera
10-03-2009, 11:57 PM
This was shot in Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary in Kerela, India, a few days back...
This is an HDR generated from 1 RAW file by changing the exposures (-2/3, 0, +2/3)
The image quality fell because I linked this from Blogger. Cant upload to this site directly.

Your critiques and comments welcome...
Nikon D80 with 18-135mm at 18mm
SS 1/80
F 10
ISO 200
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_m6-E9SjFucI/SsgxdNpRhOI/AAAAAAAACXY/FZNPptunRYo/s1600/Bibhav_September%2B28,%2B2009_DSC_0172_-3_-2_tonemapped.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_m6-E9SjFucI/SsgxdNpRhOI/AAAAAAAACXY/FZNPptunRYo/s1600-h/Bibhav_September+28,+2009_DSC_0172_-3_-2_tonemapped.jpg

Robert Amoruso
10-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Bibhav,

Welcome to BPN and the Landscape Forum. I don't recall you posting here before but glad to have you. Nice work with the HDR. You opened up the shadows nicely, providing an extended tonal range keeping it looking natural the whole time.

I like the moody composition. I like how the land and its reflection changes shape from left to right building gradually in height in two places and then receding into the BG only to do that again below the distant mountain.

I like the placement of the FG branch and the blue patch of sky in front of that. Perhaps you explored this but moving right would have allowed you to move that patch of blue left in the image and juxtaposed it with the branch to provide a much different affect in the FG.

All and all well done.

BTW, forum contributors must post offsite and link to it from BPN. If you join, then you can upload to the BPN servers.

Thanks for participating.

Bibhav Behera
10-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Hi Robert. thank you...
Yes this is my first post in the landscapes section. I'm handicapped by equipment, so i try to make the most of the stock lens...
As you pointed out, I did try moving right... But then the breeze had started and the beauty of the calm was lost. have a few different compositions, will post more soon...
Your critiquing helps learners like me improve... :)

Roman Kurywczak
10-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi Bibhav and Welcome to the forum!
I too like the way you composed this and the simple form of the branch in the water is a nice contrast and compliment to the rest of the scene. You have conveyed a nice sense of tranquility.
It's hard to tell if the branch need another round of USM......it may also be from wind movement.....but it doesn't affect the overall appeal of the image.
Very nicely done and looking forward to some more posts.

Bibhav Behera
10-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Thank you Roman,
Actually the weather turned really fast and it was stormy soon after. Will post another image showing the same soon...

USM???

Roman Kurywczak
10-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Bibhav,
USM is unsharp mask.