PDA

View Full Version : 7D settings

Don Saunders
10-03-2009, 07:22 AM
What settings have you been using, especially for BIF?

Artie, Have you used the 7D yet? If so, at what settings?

Doug Brown
10-03-2009, 08:37 AM
I haven't had a chance to use it enough to nail down the settings. I'll be back at it today and all of next week. Right now I'm duplicating my Mark III settings; C.Fn III-1 set to slow and AF set to AF point expansion. Full eval to come.

Don Saunders
10-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Doug,

I look forward to your evaluation and thoughts. I noticed, from another topic that you have a 50D. I do as well and am looking for the 7D to replace it.

I have the BG-E7 grip on order from Hunt's. Canon has not told them when the grips will ship. In the past, it was common for BG's to ship 2-3 weeks after the first bodies. B&H has not even placed a BG-E7 on their site yet.

Charlie Woodrich
10-03-2009, 06:14 PM
I think Artie is cod fishing.

Ed Cordes
10-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Gail and I were on vacation last week. We returned home to find that UPS delivered my new 7D.:D I have not had too much chance to work with it as it is complicated to set up all the options. However I did do a simple image of my cat at ISO 1250 and I must say I am impressed so far. I will post some images later this week when I get a chance to do something for public consumption.

I find the weight a bit heavier than Gail's 40D but a lot less than my 1DMK2. The body feels solid and the controls seem well placed, but will take a bit to get used to a slightly new placement. The M-Fn button is great for selecting AF style, but again I need to train my finger to automatically get to it.

Anyway, I will give more firm impressions soon, but for now suffice it to say it is a great camera so far.