PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Rockefeller's Bridges (Duck Brook - Acadia NP, ME)

Ed Vatza
10-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Stanley Brook Bridge in Acadia National Park (ME). This is one of a series of beautiful stone bridges hand made by Mr. Rockefeller's workmen along the carriage roads in Acadia National Park.

Canon 30D; Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L lens; tripod-mounted

Three exposure composite 1/15 sec @ f/11; ISO 640; 0 EV; FL 24mm and two other exposures at +1 and -1 EV.

Harold Davis
10-02-2009, 04:54 PM
that's a beauty of a bridge ed! i wanna see more!!! i love the processing done here. the colors look great and the scene has a peaceful mood. i also like how the road wanders out of the frame. just wonder what it would look like with more left, right and top.

Roman Kurywczak
10-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Hey Ed,
I know the bridge and area well....so this is just right for my tastes......really emphasizes the bridge nicely with just enough of the forest to give a nice feel.
Since it's very narrow there.....where'd you park and how did you get it w/o cars?!!! The curved road is the icing on the cake as well as the very nice HDR work. Very well done!
PS Deep six the lane marker at bottom of frame

Robert Amoruso
10-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Ed,

I am in perfect agreement with Harold and Roman above. Very well done for the reasons mentioned. I do think a bit of CW rotation may be in order though looking at the larger stones on the upper part of the bridge facing. I would have also include a bit more on the right and not clipped the tree.

Ed Vatza
10-03-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks folks. As always the feedback is greatly appreciated.

Roman, this was around 6 am in early June before the crowds really arrived. I parked in the right lane and turned on my flashers. Not a single car came by the whole time we was there. Guess the Stanley Brook entrance doesn't start hopping until later in the morning! :)

Ramesh Adkoli
10-04-2009, 02:05 AM
This is very beautiful, Ed. I loved the vibrant colors. Great composition too. TFS.

regards,
ramesh