PDA

View Full Version : Assignmebt: Textures and Colors - "Color-Go-Round"

Gus Cobos
10-02-2009, 05:02 AM
Assignment: Textures and Colors - “Color-Go-Round”

Techs: A close-up +2 diopter lens was used to close in on pencil pattern and the details of the wood grain.

The image was painted with a Nikon D2x; using a Nikkor AF-S DX Zoom 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 55mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / 1/125sec. - f/11 / exposure comp @ -0.3EV / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ auto. / AF - mode @ manual / metering mode - combination of in camera matrix metering, and hand held spot meter, sampling three anchor points, for balanced light distribution. / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution - Nikon R1C1 wireless close up speedlight system; both light units set to ¼ lumen burst with a wide dispersal pattern, and corresponding attached diffusers. / tone comp @ +0 degree / hue adjustment @ +1 degree / saturation factor @ +2 degrees / support platform – tripod assist, with macro focusing rail, and a cable trigger release /

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Nick Palmieri
10-02-2009, 07:09 AM
I actually just played with some colored pencils myself. I like your interpretation. The colors, texture, and composition are very nice.

Lance Peters
10-02-2009, 07:12 AM
A classic coloured pencil - shot. Nice work Gus!!

Kyle Marie Barcelos
10-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Nice job with the comp, it works well, love the colors too. Great job:)

denise ippolito
10-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Nice idea Gus! Very creative look-I like the white BG. Nicely done.

Richard Waas
10-02-2009, 06:51 PM
I love the colors, comp and texture in this image. There is a little bit chromatic aberration in the background, especially in the shadows. Some selective NR would take this over the top. Congrats!!!