PDA

View Full Version : Damselfly

Steve Maxson
10-01-2009, 04:27 PM
This Damselfly is one of the (many) Bluets (Enallagma spp.) - I think. This image was taken on one of those rare occasions when overcast light, no wind, and a cooperative subject occur simultaneously. 40D, Canon 180mm macro + 1.4X, 1/13, f/11, ISO 400, tripod, mirror lock, cable release, natural light. Comments are welcome.

Julie Kenward
10-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Stephen, the dragonfly is excellent! Love the sharpness from head to tail and all the details in the hairs around his head and body. I think the one place you might be able to improve on this lovely image would be to bring the BG up a bit more in exposure in the darker areas (such as below his wings and body area.) To me, the image would have even more pop if the BG was closer to the shade of green in the URC - but again, this is a fairly minor point - just something to tweak if you wanted to.

Christopher Miller
10-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Hi, Steve, Excellent details and sharpness on the damselfly! Very nice composition. Personally I might add a little more room to the right, but that's a minor point. Well done!

Harshad Barve
10-02-2009, 02:08 AM
This is super shot Steve . Bang on expo and compo , Killer BG and great details
TFS

Dave Leroy
10-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Lovely shot Steve. I really like how you were able to get square to the damsefly. Composition and bg are aslo very nice. Well done. Dave

Mike Moats
10-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Sweet shot Steve, great details and perfect BG. Love it.