PDA

View Full Version : 1D Mark II Personal Function 3

Norman Pyett
02-11-2008, 02:59 PM
:confused: How do I go about changing Personal Function 3 (Changes center-weighted metering to evaluative metering) via my computer. As I understand, in manual shooting mode the camera is using center-weighted metering, no matter what my camera setting is. In personal Function 3 via the computer I can designate evaluative metering to be used in manual mode.:confused:
Have any of you wonderfull individuals ever change yours??????????????

Regards
Norm

Alfred Forns
02-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi Norm Will get Robert He is the expert !!!!

Robert O'Toole
02-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Hi Norm very good question. You need to load your canon software that can be downloaded from Canon USA or via your software disk that came with the camera. Then you need a 6 pin Firewire 1394 cable for your desktop or a 6 pin to 4 pin firewire 1394 cable for a notebook equiped with a firewire port. I use Canon Utilities EOS Utility Version 1.1. and a 4 pin to 4 pin 1394 cable. You plugin the camera and turn it on and the app will launch. Then when launched you go to:
-camera settings then to the little wrench and hammer icon in the lower right
-pers functions
select which functions to enable. I usually enable all then turn off the PF I dont use in the camera menu.

Yes P-Fn 3 you can lock the meter mode but I havent tried this one. There are some other great P-Fn settings that I do use an recommend.

Robert

Norman Pyett
02-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks Robert, I'm the original owner, so I have all the software & hardware that came with the camera. I'm also using a Dell Laptop. What other PF would you recommend & why.
Appreciate your help. I'm fairly new to the forum & have learned ssssooooooo very much in a short time. I'm always reading & browsing.
ONE VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER

Robert O'Toole
02-12-2008, 07:29 PM
For my photography I use the same basic Pfn on of my 1D series cameras 1DMKII, 1DSMKII, etc.
Pfn8=5 - 7 shot bracket for HDR photo
Pfn9=bracket seq
Pfn=lens focus turned off, no more focus hunting with a 2X
Pfn26=short shutter lag
Pn30= Rear dial switch turns off main (front) dial. This prevents your settings from changing by mistake.

This is a must have, a printable Personal Func cheat sheet from DPreview:

DPREVIEW P-fn printable cheat sheet (http://a.img-dpreview.com/reviews/CanonEOS1DsMkII/Images/Captures/pfn_contactsheet-print.gif)

Robert