PDA

View Full Version : morning flight

kostas nianiopoulos
09-30-2009, 05:22 PM
they was falling the ship on my vaction this summer , there was a lot of those , and i took many pics .

Axel Hildebrandt
09-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Kostas, when you click on the thumbnail it opens a questionable website. I downloaded your image and posted it here. Maybe you should try a different hosting service.

I like the topside view and BG and wish we could see the eye a bit more. The whites look a bit overexposed on my monitor. Keep them coming!

Jeff Cashdollar
09-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Need info,,e.g: camera type, lens type, focal length, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, metering mode & pattern.

Check the histogram, is it clipped on the right hand side?

Lance Peters
09-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi - A big warm welcome to the BPN Family --- When posting your image do include full shooting info (as mentioned above) It does help us see what you are doing and thus help you improve.

Ok- as you will have noticed the comments are mentioning blown whites and over exposure. Are you familiar with how to interpret the histogram?? I would also Turn on your Overexposure blinkies (this will make any over exposed areas flash - when viewed on the LCD screen on the camera) if you are not sure how to do this - let me know the model of the camera and I will advise.

I would seriously consider getting Arties book - The Art of Bird Photography II - Available here - the best money you will ever spend part from BPN membership :)

William Malacarne
09-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Canon EOS 50D
Aperture = ƒ/5.6
ISO Speed Ratings = 400
Focal Length = 100 mm
Exposure Bias (EV) = 0
Metering Mode = pattern / multi-segment

If you are using Firefox you can get the EXIF Viewer add-on and all you have to do is right click and if they did not use save for web all the EXIF data will open in a window.

It is a very useful tool.

Bill

Harshad Barve
10-01-2009, 01:12 AM
Hi - A big warm welcome to the BPN Family ---

I would seriously consider getting Arties book - The Art of Bird Photography II - Available here - the best money you will ever spend part from BPN membership :)

Ditto Lance here and Big welcome
TFS

kostas nianiopoulos
10-01-2009, 04:34 AM
first of all thanks for the replys and the help , sorry i have not give to u , all the infos for the image . William Malacarne (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/member.php?u=125)
is right , (thank u william). Now about the whites over exposure , this camera is a new to me and i have turn the settings white balance in to the auto . Well in greece the sun light is verry strong , should i change the white balance or something ?
thanks for looking any way .

Lance Peters
10-01-2009, 05:06 AM
first of all thanks for the replys and the help , sorry i have not give to u , all the infos for the image . William Malacarne (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/member.php?u=125)
is right , (thank u william). Now about the whites over exposure , this camera is a new to me and i have turn the settings white balance in to the auto . Well in greece the sun light is verry strong , should i change the white balance or something ?
thanks for looking any way .

Hi - the white balance is not the problem, I am guessing you are using the camera on the P setting - Heres what is happening when you are doing that - A camera only knows how to do one thing and that is make evrything a middle tone or middle reflectance, so here its see's all that dark blue in the background and goes Gosh this is really dark I need to make it brighter - which it does, however this results in your whites being over exposed (No Detail).

You need to learn how to use the camera in A mode and use exposure compensation to control the whites.

I would turn on your over exposure blinkies so that you can see when you have problems. Have a look in the educational resources forum - lots of good reading in there.