PDA

View Full Version : "Out On The Town"

Gus Cobos
09-30-2009, 05:13 PM
“Out On The Town”

Note:
This is an HDRI composed of nine frames.

I came across Bogie parked in front of the Park Central Hotel, in Miami Beach’s Deco Drive, located on Ocean Drive. Bogie was painted with a Nikon D300s, using a Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5 – f/5.6G ED VR lens.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 18mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 22 sec. - f/25 /exposure comp @ 0EV / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ cloudy / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution – ambient light / tone comp @ 0degree / hue adjustment @ 0 degree / saturation factor @ 0 degree / support platform – tripod assist with remote electronic trigger release.

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Lance Peters
09-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Awesome Gus - Love it.
Only thing that bothers me is the fan in the LHS of the shot - but thats just being picky.
Nice work.

Richard Waas
09-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Gus, you really have that HDR cranking..... Love it!!

Kyle Marie Barcelos
10-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Love the refection in the left window, and like the low angle showing the grill of the car, Great job:)

Harold Davis
10-01-2009, 03:52 PM
i dont know if you found the same as me, but i found that the more images you use, the better the range of tones. i did an experiment the other day. five vs nine. nine won hands down! and the thing was, the high and low end were the same. so i wasnt adding anymore dynamic range.

this one is pretty cool. just wished it showed bogie a little more and that darn fan wasnt there!

Gus Cobos
10-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Nine frames are better than five Doctor, especially if they are 1 f/ stop apart...:eek::D:cool: The fan was left there on purpose to represent the era back then when the restaurants or sidewalk café's used them to keep the flies away and to make the humidity a tad more pleasant to it's customers...:D:cool: