PDA

View Full Version : Bahia Honda Bridge Post Sunset - Different View

Michael Pancier
09-30-2009, 10:31 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3479/3968801660_17205d6393_o.jpg

Here's another composition from the Bahia Honda Bridge. This was shot about 20 minutes after sundown when the sky just lit up.

A closer view of the bridge here. It was a great sunset as you really had different scenes here. You had upper clouds as in my last post which required a super wide angle. Then you had the pano view and this view shot at 85mm.

5d Mark II
24-105L @ 85mm
f/11
ISO 200
3 image HDR
processed in photomatix pro; LR, and CS 4.

Harold Davis
09-30-2009, 03:21 PM
i like the composition and the colors are awesome. i'd darken the entire bottom left of the frame. doesnt seem to match up with the rest and the brighter portion of the water takes away from the feel.

did you have to do an HDR for this time of day? i wouldnt think you would need it for a silhouette after sunset?

Michael Pancier
09-30-2009, 03:41 PM
i like the composition and the colors are awesome. i'd darken the entire bottom left of the frame. doesnt seem to match up with the rest and the brighter portion of the water takes away from the feel.

did you have to do an HDR for this time of day? i wouldnt think you would need it for a silhouette after sunset?

I still use HDR. I take the multiple exposures and compare the HDR to the others. HDR here game me some additional detail. I still punch down the HDR in the tonemap processing to give me a natural look..

Roman Kurywczak
09-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Hey Michael,
I like this version better for my preferences.....strong & interesting silhouette...sweet colors and nice clouds!.....all combined to mage a very nice image!

Indranil Sircar
10-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi Michael, very nice image. Awesome colors and the dark silhouette works well as a combination.

Rich Ikerd
10-01-2009, 04:44 PM
While the colors here are awesome Michael, I like the earlier post better. The silhouette here is just a bit overpowering to me, while the other image had wonderful leading lines and a more balanced composition. Personal tastes differ :)

Robert Amoruso
10-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Michael,

I like this too for the reasons mentioned above but my preference would be for the previous post's composition.