PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Calibration and Spell Check

Blake Shadle
02-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi, Everyone!

I wanted to point out two features of the forum to everyone; including Monitor Calibration and Spell Check.

First, Monitor Calibration. We've just added a Monitor Calibration Example Strip to the bottom of every page. You should be able to view each block individually from black to white. If not, you need to make some adjustments to your monitor. This will help everyone to make better critiques regarding exposure and light in posted images.

Second is Spell Check. In each text box where you post or reply, you'll notice a check mark with the letters "ABC" above it in the upper right corner. This button enables you to download a spell check plugin (for Internet Explorer). After you've downloaded this plugin, anytime you're posting a new image, or replying, just click the "ABC" check mark and the plugin will check the spelling in your post.

Thanks for your time, and enjoy!

Blake

Josh O'Donnell
02-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Great additions Blake! But what if I don't need any help with my speling?

Jim Poor
02-11-2008, 03:29 PM
:D

For the non- IE types. Firefox and Safari both have options to check spelling built in.

Doug West
02-11-2008, 03:30 PM
That strip is pretty cool idea.

Eye wn't kneed the splle chkr eether, but its nyce two hav
just teh sam.

Dug

Blake Shadle
02-11-2008, 03:45 PM
That strip is pretty cool idea.

Eye wn't kneed the splle chkr eether, but its nyce two hav
just teh sam.

Dug

Just an extra convenience for those who might like to use it. Those who may not be as talented and "special" as you are, Doug. :p

Robert Amoruso
02-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Yeah Blake, the spell checker is great. We should post something someplace to let people know it exists.

Howard Burkert
02-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Thumbs up on the spell check my Dictionary is over worked.
Thanks,
Howard

Axel Hildebrandt
02-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Both great ideas, Blake!

Maxis Gamez
02-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Very cool Blake. Keep up the good work!

Judd Patterson
02-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Great updates Blake! As Jim mentions, those who frequently type in their browser need to check out Firefox/Safari (and maybe another option by now too). You get the underlined misspelled words just like Microsoft Word without any special plug ins...very helpful!!

Richard Kowalski
02-12-2008, 01:52 AM
Thanks Blake.
I would like to emphasise that users should be calibrating their monitors properly and that means much more than just a gray scale.. Things like the Huey are under $100 and make a huge difference.

Now can you see about adding a grammar checker?

:)

Grady Weed
02-12-2008, 04:37 AM
I had to laugh at you response to Doug West. We have many special people! LOL. You crack me up Blake.

Jim Poor
02-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks Blake.
I would like to emphasise that users should be calibrating their monitors properly and that means much more than just a gray scale.. Things like the Huey are under $100 and make a huge difference.

Now can you see about adding a grammar checker?

:)
A non-photography site that I belong to has staff called "grammar hosts" that go through posts correcting grammar and the "occasional" spelling that gets through the spell check. There are a lot of non-native English speakers on the site, so it helps keep things understandable.

Juan Aragonés
05-26-2008, 04:15 AM
Great aditions Blake :)