PDA

View Full Version : Evening shades on Half Dome

Indranil Sircar
09-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Ken Burns National Park series inspired to me to go back and look at some of my earlier images. This one is from 2003 taken close to sunset as these clouds suddenly appeared. Hope you like it. All C&C will be appreciated.

~ Indranil

Harold Davis
09-29-2009, 03:45 PM
nice light. i only wished the cloud was just a bit higher as to not cover the top. i like seeing the whole thing on that beautiful light. may just be a personal thing. was this digital or a scan? i see a halo around the dome.

Indranil Sircar
09-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks Harold. I see your point with the higher clouds. For me this one was different from most of the other half dome images. I did take few other shots before and as the clouds moved in but did not save those! This is digital. I see the halo; its from s/h. I will fix it and repost.

Roman Kurywczak
09-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi Indranil,
Don't forget to post the specs for others to learn! I like the way you composed this and left just enough of a base silhouette to work for me. As for the clouds.....we have to chose sometimes where to chop them and in this case am OK with your decision. Nice job.

Robert Amoruso
09-30-2009, 08:21 AM
I am watching the Ken Burns series too.

I like the tones and details captured in half-dome. I am AOK with the cloud too and agree with Roman on the base of trees in shade.

Indranil Sircar
10-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Roman, Robert, thans for the feedback. Here is a repost without the halo...

On the specs.. this was 1/30 sec, f10, ISO 100

Morkel Erasmus
10-03-2009, 06:40 AM
gorgeous scene Indranil! love the clouds and agree on the baseline trees being just enough. for me the dome is a tad soft so I would apply some slight sharpening to it as well.