PDA

View Full Version : Vermont in Color

Bob Malbon
09-28-2009, 07:51 PM
http://www.bobmalbonphoto.com/img/v4/p808074507-3.jpg

Fall is starting in Northern Vermont - peak color is a week away - excuse the small size working from a slow connection. 1dmk3 on 70-200f28 at f8 - 1/320, iso800 hand held - I know use a tripod - this light would not waite for me to get the legs extended!! Oh and there are birds!! Bob

Robert Amoruso
09-29-2009, 09:17 AM
Bob,

Good laying in the image from the green trees, to blue (what is that blue btw?), to sunlight fog, the mountain to pink sky. I would have preferred to see the birds more to the right to balance the tree. However, since they are so small, for me they don't do much of the image. A bit wider angle would have allowed you to include the edge of the large left tree. I like the inclusion of that tree as it helps the FG from being static.

Dave Leroy
09-29-2009, 10:39 AM
A lovely looking setting Bob. Like the composition and wonder if a bit of local contrast enhancement could help to make the bg mountains and budding colours be seen better. I like the birds and agree they could be a bit more to the right. Looking forward to more as the fall colours change. Dave

Harold Davis
09-29-2009, 03:49 PM
my vote goes for evicting the birds. i think they add tension to an otherwise peaceful scene. the colors are fantastic and i like the layers. when i first viewed this, i wondered if moving right or getting a perspective without the foreground tree was possible. if you only included the bg trees as a foreground object the layering would be really clean and it would almost be an abstract.

Roman Kurywczak
09-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey Bob,
The small size does make it tough to judge but you have been given some excellent advice above. The blues in the fog? do look a bit puzzling in this......but I happen to like them so am OK with it. I am with Harold on the bird eviction as presented but may have been OK with them more right........maybe it's just the size presented though..... so keep that in mind.
I think you used layering very nicely here.