PDA

View Full Version : soc - How would you PP.

Lance Peters
09-28-2009, 02:11 AM
Heres one from the weekend - how would you PP??
This is a straight conversion from RAW -> jpg - No changes what so ever.

D3
Sigmonster @ 750mm
F8
1/250TH
800 ISO
SB 900 ITTL FP @ -1 2/3
Matrix Metering
Tripod

Give it a go - what would you do.....

Desmond Chan
09-28-2009, 02:53 AM
Here's a pretty straight forward, not much fancy pp.

Gus Cobos
09-28-2009, 05:07 AM
Hi Mr. Peters,
This is a very nice capture, but with all due respect, I'm going to reserve my comments for the moment to see what our brothers and sisters have to say...:):cool:

Jackie Schuknecht
09-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Lance, adjusted the curves (thought it was underexposed), vibrance, and a bit of sharpening (and a bit more to the eye as well). Just to be different went for a vert crop. Colour balance looked good, and thought about rotation but left it.
Pretty severe crop though.

Ben Egbert
09-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Open in ACR with a partial crop and any exposure and black correction (nothing else). Use Neat image on a layer and decide if I needed to erase the NR on the bird. Flatten and sharpen with Pk Sharpen capture. Do a curves to set black and white point. Add some saturation ( I use a FM product and a 50D for birds formula I worked out) and then sharpen again with PK shapen creative sharpen (I have a formula worked out for a 50D).

Downsize to web size and sharpen again with an output sharpen and then convert to 8bit, sRGB and save as jpg.

I would probably clone out the grass blade. Otherwise I see nothing to change, great image.

I might add, this only works with full size raws, not with downsized jpgs, so I did not attempt my version

Kyle Marie Barcelos
09-28-2009, 03:04 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3464/3963029267_9098514fc5_o.jpg

I'm in the same boat as Desmond w/the crop. I did a noise reduction and saturated the orange on his face to make it stand out just a lil, lighten it up just a bit, not great a PS so did what i could.

Kyle Marie Barcelos
09-29-2009, 10:48 AM
could someone delete my last comment so i can re-post again, i didn't know if i removed the pic from flickr it would not show on here, sorry.

Paul Lagasi
10-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Lance..I did a tight crop on the bird after leveling lower part of background...now the birds back, orange near bill and background all on same plane. I didn't do anything else, image was sharp, colorful.

p.s. I almost left the blade of grass in, then cloned it out at last minute