PDA

View Full Version : Gret Blue Blue Heron, monochromatic

Dave Phillips
09-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Meet the Louisiana Great Blue Blue Heron!!
Started by using Topaz Remask to extract the GBBH,
then converted to black and white/duped to color
blend mode and painted heron blue. Gradient added to BG.
Added in a black and white converted scene just above
gradient and used normal blend mode, but at 33% opacity.

Just playing, thanks for looking in and c/c
Not an entry in the week's theme

Dave Phillips
09-27-2009, 04:26 PM
and here is the version prior to adding the scene

denise ippolito
09-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Nicely handled. The extraction looks good-was it quick like they say?I find the GBH hard to extract cleanly. I like them both but I love the soft toned trees in the BG. of the first post. The blue tones are nice and not too saturated.

Dave Phillips
09-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Nicely handled. The extraction looks good-was it quick like they say?I find the GBH hard to extract cleanly. I like them both but I love the soft toned trees in the BG. of the first post. The blue tones are nice and not too saturated.

thanks Denise, the extractions are very easy and I have never been able to do them at all.
Remask is a bit different to use and you must use exact steps...."EITHER" the action set
or manually. If you try to combine methods there will be errors. It is definitely well worth
the intro price IMO

denise ippolito
09-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks Dave. Sometimes I hesitate to extract an image because of the clean up-but I will give this a try.

Dave Mills
09-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Nice monochromatic color, manipulation with an interesting subject. Could use a bit more room on the right....

Kerry Perkins
09-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Really cool looking Dave. I love the icy color and the blended background.

Harshad Barve
09-28-2009, 09:42 AM
This is fantastic Dave , I liked both images
TFS

Indranil Sircar
09-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Nice images and colors. I am still trying out the remask... not as clean as you have it here.

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
09-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Excellent image, great pose on the heron, the blue color and the background give me the fantasy/dream like mood. Clean job with the extraction of the heron.

Cindy Cone
09-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Beautiful composite, Dave. I really like the subtle tones and lines of the background - just enough. Great job with the extraction, and really nice job with the colors and blending.

Christopher Miller
09-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Beautiful image, Dave! Love the color tone, pose, and BG.