PDA

View Full Version : Resurrection Bay

Raymond Packard
02-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Took this photo while fishing in Resurrection Bay out of Seward AK. this was a real neat rock formation, and we were able to travel through it with our boat.
Used Nikon D-70s & nikkor 18-70 lens at 50mm 1/125 F 11 this is a spectacular area with unlimited photo opts.
Here to learn, so all comments are appreciated.
Rayhttp://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Robert Amoruso
02-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi Ray,

This is an interesting rock formation and I like including the small rock to the right. You mentioned you could go through the hole - have any images closer to the formation?

A number of things are hurting the image quality. You can post to 800 pixel on the long side and to 145kb file size. At 13 kb, the image quality is bad and compression artifacts evident in the image (especially on right). From this location, I feel a panoramic cropping is more in order. The large expanse of ocean in the FG and the detail lacking sky in the BG are not helping out.

I suggest you go back to the original and start over again to up the image quality. I am hoping to see you back with a new version.

Bret Edge
02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm in complete agreement with Robert on this one. It looks like an area with loads of promise and I think you can probably work the original to create a successful image.

Raymond Packard
02-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the comments Robert, I too am having a difficult time getting the correct size for posting.
Ray

Robert Amoruso
02-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Raymond, I am working with others to get something posted with step-by-step directions to guide you through the process.

john crookes
02-12-2008, 10:29 AM
also a ccw rotation is in order

we don't want that water running out of the photo now

are you working in ps3 or in elements

Stephen Cunliffe
02-12-2008, 11:24 PM
The texture of the water is really great, but maybe there is too much of it? A panoramic crop might enhance this subject quite a lot
Stephen