PDA

View Full Version : AMERICAN BULLFROG (Lithobates catesbeianus)

Peter M. Noyes
02-11-2008, 11:56 AM
The North American Bullfrog was originally found in all areas east of the Rocky Mountains except the very southern part of FL.. It has either intentionally or unintentionally been introduced to the rest of our country and parts of Mexico. Coloration can varry from brown to green. Females are larger than males and can weigh more than a pound. They live for about 7 years in the wild. The tympanum is larger than the eye in the male and equal to or smaller than the eye in the female. I only got one picture of this frog before she went under.
Picture taken with a Nikon D1X camera with a 70 - 200MM F2.8 lens. Picture taken at 1/60 sec at F14.0 and ISO 200. Flash was used with a -2/3 compensation.

Robert Amoruso
02-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the details, I am learning from your postings about different species. I like the composition and her peeking out from under the leaf. I like how you include just the right amount of the leaf as well and have the frog to the right in the frame. Good choice. Colors look good to me. The right eye seems sharper then the left. If so, a bit of selective sharpening on the left eye could even it out.

Nonda Surratt
02-11-2008, 01:53 PM
I really like the composition of this image and thanks for the species lesson (I really enjoy such information).

Steve Canuel
02-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi Pete,
I like the comp and the colors in this image. I think it would benefit from a slight CW rotation.
Steve

Alfred Forns
02-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Excellent Peter !!!! Appealing image with lots of feel Only thing that could have made it better is having he leaf by the eye a bit more to the left Also big thanks for the information Very much appreciated !!!!

D. Robert Franz
02-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Great narrative and image. Robert handlend the nits. Keep-em coming