PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Pier

Harold Davis
09-26-2009, 03:45 PM
another from my trip this week up to the panhandle. this shot was all about perspective. i shot it high and low and in the middle. i found this perspective to work best because it didnt intersect with the horizon and looks the cleanest. let me know what you think.

D300, 18-200 at 60mm, f/29, 30s, ISO 200.

thanks for looking. comments and critiques much appreciated.

Dave Leroy
09-26-2009, 04:57 PM
It looks very good Harold. I like not having the pilings intersect the far shoreline.,as you say it is clean. Beautiful colours in both sky and water. I am not sure what can be done to improve it other than personal taste things. I like the long exposure. Well done, Dave

Roman Kurywczak
09-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Hey Harold,
I see you are thinking!!! Nice job with the pilings and the colors. My only recommendation is to add a bit more to the base so the grasses on the LH side have a bit of base to them.....other than that well thought out and very nicely composed!

Julie Kenward
09-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Howard, this image is really well done. As Roman said, you can really tell you thought your way through it. I agree that a bit more base on the left side would add to the image. Gorgeous job on the water BTW. Perfect choice of shutter speed!

Robert Amoruso
09-29-2009, 09:35 AM
That's interesting Harold. I was looking to make almost the same image on Mosquito Lagoon this weekend.

I agree with Roman's grass suggestion. Perfect placement of the pilings with the FG and BG and no intersections. I like the look of the gold water in the FG.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
09-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Very nice comp, good color and very clean