PDA

View Full Version : Cascade Mountains

Dave Leroy
09-26-2009, 03:31 PM
I took this yesterday morning before sunrise. These mountains are just south of the Can/US border and I am just north, about 60km/40miles away. There was a bit of morning fog, and I was standing on top of the dyke at Boundary Bay trying to see over the top of fog. 50D, 400mm/5.6 at 5.6, 1/90, ISO1600. There are still some residuals from nr.
Dave

Harold Davis
09-26-2009, 03:48 PM
awesome colors, i like the layers of oranges and reds. the fog adds interest at the bottom and makes me want to see more down there. is there any left? i might evict the bird also. he's not paying rent. get him out!! :)

Dave Leroy
09-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Thanks Harold. Not much room at bottom with any detail. In fact the heavy noise reduction created some issues which needed flattening out. I kind of like the bird and debated whether this needed to go to avian instead of landscape. Tks for commenting Dave

Roman Kurywczak
09-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Hey Dave,
I also don't like the bird.....but that isn't the big issue. Since you mentioned the fog doesn't have much detail behind it, you may want to go with just a straight silhouette as the cascades have a nice shape to them as a base. Even though that will lose the fog as it isn't that prominant now it may be a better option an accentuate the pano crop you chose nicely. The sunrise colors are very nice too!

Dave Leroy
09-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks for looking and commenting Roman. It is much appreciated. Dave

Robert Amoruso
09-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Dave,

I would support the comments above.