PDA

View Full Version : Redpop

Gordon Craig
09-26-2009, 04:54 AM
I shot this a couple of nights ago using a flash which is something I had never tried with macro. I used a Canon Speedlite 430EX. It was shot with a Canon 5D, Canon 180 mm lens with a shutter speed of 2 seconds and aperture of F3.5. All C&C welcome.

Vida van der Walt
09-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Lovely shot Gordon. The red really pops against the dark bg. Love the detail and water drops. I would maybe consider removing a little bit from the top.

Julie Kenward
09-26-2009, 01:53 PM
I love the front branch but the OOF red leaves in the BG are too OOF for me - if I can't distinguish their shape I'd probably go ahead and remove them. Also, the comp might have been stronger if you had gotten a bit of separation between the two branches (if that was at all possible.)

Excellent saturation on the reds (and especially since it was taken with a Canon!) Very nice capture of that bright autumn red!

Harshad Barve
09-27-2009, 07:49 AM
nice compo , details , water droplets & BG
TFS

Ed Vatza
09-27-2009, 11:05 AM
First off, the reds look terrific. I do think there is too much stem on the front leaf and do think, dare I say, it could use some cropping from the top. The oof red in the background is interesting to me. It really seems to lend an air of intrigue and mystery to me. I like it for that. There is something almost ethereal about it - like its there but not really there. GHOSTLY - that's the word I was looking for. I'm just not totally sold on how it plays with the in-focus leaves up front.