PDA

View Full Version : Spider Web and Dew

Dave Leroy
09-25-2009, 11:54 PM
From sun rise this morning. Taken from a bit of an angle to the back lighting. 50D, 400mm/5.6 at 5.6, 1/2000, ISO400. Dave

Gordon Craig
09-26-2009, 04:47 AM
i like shots of spider webs. I don't know how far you were from the web but I might have tried to keep some of the top part of the picture out. I really like the background.

Vida van der Walt
09-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Great shot Dave. I love the angle of this shot. Beautiful bg and the different colours of the web is great. I actually like the curved shape on top showing the whole web.

Julie Kenward
09-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Incredible lighting and colors in this image, Dave. I don't think I've ever seen a spider web photographed with this many different hues in it!

I would also have been interested to see other images of the same thing only one step to the right each time until you were straight-on with the web. It would be interesting to see how the colors and focal points changed with each step to the right.

Steve Maxson
09-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Nice sharpness and DOF on the web, Dave, and the colors are very interesting. Good background too. I would like to see a bit more room at the top - if you have it. Well done.

Dave Leroy
09-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks for comments everyone. After spending sometime witht he dew covered webs, I took this one as I left looking for birds. I did do a small crop and sorry I did. The ff has a bit of room at top and so less attention on bulky leaf and it completes the framing. Dave

Harshad Barve
09-27-2009, 07:53 AM
beautiful compo , killer BG & nice control over DOF
TFS

Ed Vatza
09-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Love the prism-like colors that you captured here and the background is excellent. Overall, nice job!

Craig Thompson
09-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Dave,

I've spent so much time playing in the garden with my new camera and extension tubes, and fussing about noise issues and such, that I neglected to really peruse the forums or post any comments, sorry for that oversight!! ;) :(

I love the light on this one and the way the web glows in it!!

Craig