PDA

View Full Version : What Internet Browser Are You Using?

James Shadle
09-25-2009, 01:27 PM
We are having a few issues with Internet Explorer 8 and I would like to know what browser everyone is using.

If not listed in the poll please add it in a reply.

Thanks James

Axel Hildebrandt
09-25-2009, 02:18 PM
I would recommend using Firefox 3.5 or Safari since these are color-managed. As far as I know even IE8 does not have this feature yet. I'm not sure about Opera and Google Chrome.

Ian McHenry
09-25-2009, 02:48 PM
I did have IE8 but reverted back to IE7 as found 8 slowed down browsing.
Voted.
Ian Mc

Jay Gould
09-25-2009, 05:12 PM
I went to FF 3.5.3 and had some problems - cookies were being deleted everytime I close the browser. Simply went back to 3.0.14 and no problems. I am waiting until a 3.5.6 comes out before upgrading.

allanrube
09-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Firefox 3.5.1 on a Mac

Ed Cordes
09-25-2009, 08:23 PM
I tried Firefox and stopped using it. I had problems posting on a few sites. So far I have had no issues with IE8. RE color management in the browser - I was intrigued with the possibilities but it does me no good if I cant post. I had no issues with BPN and Firefox, but did on a few blogs.

Norman Beaulac
09-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Opera would have been another good choice as well.. I've tried them all and prefer Firefox 3.5.3... I have no problems at all with it... Many plugins to choose from to make life alot easier on the pc...

Dave Leroy
09-26-2009, 07:31 PM
I have IE8, didn't even know it was upgraded, and I have not noticed any problems. I may be an anachronism, but I just want to keep things simple, so I stick to Microsoft.
Dave

Roger Clark
10-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Seamonkey

Seamonkey has the guts of firefox and thunderbird in one integrated email + web browser. It works on most web sites except those that specifically target IE specific features. And it's free and works on both linux and windows (and I assume macs). I even move my email files between linux and windows with no problems.

The poll needs an entry for seamonkey.

Roger

Mike Moats
10-24-2009, 06:56 PM
I use Slimbrowser, works great.

ChasMcRae
10-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Primarily I use Opera and have had less trouble with it on my computer than Firefox or IE.

Thakur Dalip Singh
10-28-2009, 12:25 PM
opera- it is best for me

Christopher C.M. Cooke
10-29-2009, 08:58 PM
I went to FF 3.5.3 and had some problems - cookies were being deleted everytime I close the browser. Simply went back to 3.0.14 and no problems. I am waiting until a 3.5.6 comes out before upgrading.
<!-- / message -->

Jay you should be able to fix that by going into Options/Privacy and "Firefox will" down tab to "use custom functions"

Hope your trip is a blast mate.

Chris

Doug Sanchez
11-02-2009, 08:44 PM
i mainly use firefox (v3.0.15 — haven't taken the plunge to 3.5 yet), but i find myself increasingly firing up flock as my 'general use' browser. it's built on the firefox engine, but tailored to appeal to those who use a lot of social web sites (delicious, bebo, facebook, myspace, flickr, twitter, blogger, et al).
i use chrome every once in a while, but i'm not sure why... :confused:

someone mentioned thunderbird earlier... i finally got sick of hotmail freaking out on my emails while trying to load the skyscraper ads, so i downloaded thunderbird and hooked it up to receive all of my web-based email. full-featured, like outlook, but free. can't go wrong.

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-02-2009, 09:53 PM
I would recommend using Firefox 3.5 or Safari since these are color-managed. As far as I know even IE8 does not have this feature yet. I'm not sure about Opera and Google Chrome.
Hello Axel.

May be this is not the right place to ask but...

Some time ago I was reading an interesting thread about color profile on Firefox, I don't remember it well, but I believe it has to do with the way Firefox presents colors on a calibrated monitor. I also remember that you were very helpful at that time and handled the information pretty well, question: could you please explain that again, I just updated my browser but don't know how to put the color profile to work.

Thank you very much in advance.
JC

Axel Hildebrandt
11-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Hello Axel.

May be this is not the right place to ask but...

Some time ago I was reading an interesting thread about color profile on Firefox, I don't remember it well, but I believe it has to do with the way Firefox presents colors on a calibrated monitor. I also remember that you were very helpful at that time and handled the information pretty well, question: could you please explain that again, I just updated my browser but don't know how to put the color profile to work.

Thank you very much in advance.
JC

JC, if you updated to Firefox 3.5.4 then color management should be turned on by default. Are you on a PC or Mac? If Mac and Snow Leopard then you might have to take an extra step.

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-03-2009, 08:50 AM
JC, if you updated to Firefox 3.5.4 then color management should be turned on by default. Are you on a PC or Mac? If Mac and Snow Leopard then you might have to take an extra step.
Good Morning Axel

Yes, I just updated to Firefox 3.5.4, so hopefully things will look fine from here. I am on a PC. Thank you for your time.
JC

Paul Lagasi
11-03-2009, 04:30 PM
My computer automatically upgraded me to IE8...after a few days I went back to IE7 (way to many bugs in IE8), also have Mozilla on my laptop...my employer requires it.

I like features on both...

Alfred Forns
11-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Safari and Firefox are working great !!

Harshad Barve
11-06-2009, 01:36 AM
IE6 works fine for me

Axel Hildebrandt
11-06-2009, 01:44 PM
IE6 works fine for me

Maybe you should give Firefox a try since it is color-managed unlike IE.

Jack Faller
11-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Firefox 3.5.5 for me on a PC. Check out the colors fidelity in Firefox vs IE

nzmacro
11-15-2009, 03:57 AM
IE8 and no problems at all here. I do test with Firefox and Opera, mainly because imaging is run differently in Firefox. At least Firefox and IE7 or 8 need to be used to see if problems exist in forum software, Index.php, message index, etc. Lines and spaces can be different for sure between IE and Mozilla.

Danny.

nzmacro
11-17-2009, 03:54 AM
Ahhh, in the eZINE getting a lot of visable tags both before an image and after the images. IE8 anyway.

Danny.

Bernie Howe
11-24-2009, 08:31 AM
my computer dies or freezes for long periods in fire fox (which I prefer to use) so i use I.E.7 didnot like 8