PDA

View Full Version : Two leaves

Desmond Chan
09-23-2009, 11:58 PM
D700 105f2.8 on tripod. ISO 400 f6.3 1/40s.

Trying something new. And likely will experiment a bit more.

I didn't clean up anything on this one. Warmed it up a bit though.

So, what do you think about this one?

Thanks !

carole wiley
09-24-2009, 06:42 AM
Hard to argue with the brilliance of the color or the simplicity of the comp. I think I would clean up the webs and I do wish you had a warmer BG....some nice OOF yellow or orange leaves would be nice...

Kyle Marie Barcelos
09-24-2009, 07:58 AM
I like what you were going for, i did something similar the other day. The red is really pretty. I wish the BG was something different, did you get this from different angles. I would also clean up the webs. Like the comp. Great job and TFS:)

Bill Dix
09-24-2009, 08:29 AM
Desmond: A nice idea, and personally I sort of like the web strands. But the amount of bright white keeps drawing my eye away from the subject. Comp is lovely.

Alfred Forns
09-24-2009, 08:47 AM
I like the experimenting Desmond ... tempted to move a bit and get all white with the gorgeous red tones !!! Simple and pretty !!!

Dave Leroy
09-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Nice image Desmond. I like the idea of the photo and also the idea of not cleaning it up. The mixed bg is distracting and it might be a stronger image moved one way or the other. The white bg might really pop the leaves and the greenish bg might keep things more muted. Good for you to try something new.
Dave

Gus Cobos
09-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi Desmond,
This is very nice...I like it as presented...the red leaf sets the pace on this one...:cool:

Desmond Chan
09-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the nice comments and suggestions, everyone !!

I agree with the comments about the brighter part of the background. I think I'd at least try not to have it near white and empty next time. I didn't shoot this from many different angles because I already had a final image in mind. But I don't think I got that though :o

Jeff Cashdollar
09-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Nice, agree with BG comments. Maybe warmer WB/color temp. or use of filters in CS4. I like what you are doing, very cool.