Dear All
My first post im Macro section
Made this with D300, 105/F2.8 ISO200 , 1/160 , F 6.3 No Flash
I am learning Macro ,
All C & C most welcome & much appreciated
Harshad

Julie Kenward
09-24-2009, 07:12 AM
Excellent image, Harshad! I'd say you're doing pretty well "learning" macro! You found a wonderful eye level angle and the DOF is perfectly placed in the center of your image. Beautiful blurred BG and FG. I think you could also have chosen f4 and still only had a small amount of detail in the BG but this also works as the entire insect is in the focal plane of the camera. If he had been slightly tilted, a slightly stopped down aperture would have been the way to go.

BTW, your cover image of the tiger this month is outstanding!

Harshad Barve
09-24-2009, 09:22 AM
BTW, your cover image of the tiger this month is outstanding!

Thank you very much Julie

Vida van der Walt
09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Excellent image Harshad. Very well done on getting the whole of the wing from top to bottom in perfect focus. Beautiful detail and great dof too. Looking forward to more of your macro shots.

Jerry van Dijk
09-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Wonderful image Harshad! Great low angle and wonderful details on the butterfly. I also like the position in the frame. Hope to see more of your macros!

Jerry.

Steve Maxson
09-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Excellent work, Harshad, and I am in agreement with the comments above. If anything, I would suggest toning down the 2 OOF bright rocks in the LLC. Looking forward to more of your macros.

Dave Leroy
09-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Very nice Harshad. I really like the very low angle and the full profile shot. The image is nise and sharp and the butterfly still looks nice and soft. Well done. I am already looking forward to a 600mm macro. Dave

Gordon Craig
09-26-2009, 04:21 AM
I think the great detail of the wings and the blurred background of the picture make this picture.