PDA

View Full Version : Red backed Shrike portrait

abdulghani
09-22-2009, 09:43 AM
http://www.pbase.com/abdulghani/image/117456931/original.jpg

<table width="450" align="center" border="1" cellpadding="1"><tbody> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Model</td><td class="lid">Canon EOS-1D Mark III</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Flash Used</td><td class="lid">No</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Focal Length</td><td class="lid">560 mm</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Exposure Time</td><td class="lid">1/800 sec</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Aperture</td><td class="lid">f/8</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">ISO Equivalent</td><td class="lid">640</td></tr> <tr><td class="lid" nowrap="nowrap">Metering Mode</td><td class="lid"> (-1)</td></tr> </tbody></table>
Cheers
Rahil

Judy Lynn Malloch
09-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Killer BG and excellent exposure and detail. IMO I would crop more off the right and also a little more off the left and make it a vertical. Love the catchlight in the eye Abdulgani. Thanks for sharing.

Harshad Barve
09-22-2009, 10:08 AM
amazing capture with great details and Killer BG
TFS

Daniel Cadieux
09-22-2009, 10:22 AM
I agree the details look good - borderline oversharpened. Terrific BG! The HA is less than ideal - always better to have it turned our way rather than away. I also find there is abit too much room behind the bird. I'd crop there until the bird reaches the corner, and maybe even a bit more.

P.S. A small dust bunny is visible behind the head ;-)

Gal Shon
09-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Supreb BG, I like the pose and light
Wouldn't mind a better HA and I think that less room on the right would work better.
On my monitor the neck looks sharper then the head / eye. I would remove the dust spot.

Ramon M. Casares
09-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Great light, BG, detail, colors, species and BG. There are tow dust bunnies you could remove.
Congratulaitons!

Arthur Morris
09-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Welcome. You did well with a potentially awkward COMP. You needed to move left or wait for a better head angle. And that is a pretty big dust bunny....