PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Cardinal

Ed Cordes
02-10-2008, 09:41 PM
I posted an image of this Cardinal in Avian earlier this evening. The BG and OOF branches are an issue in the original image. I also have an image of the same Cardinal with the BG in this image. However the Cardinal's tail was not completely visible, which I found annoying. So, I took this BG and cloned out the original bird and then pasted the Cardinal image from the one with the poorer BG. The legs and feet visible here are from the Cardinal with this BG. The body is from the other image.

This is the result and I did use it for a Christmas card this year.

Both images were created a few seconds apart as follows: 1D MK2 with 500 F4 and 2 X TC with fill flash. Evaluative metering at ISO 500 with EV -1/3 and f8 with 1/125 on tripod. Fill Flash at EV - 1 1/3.

What do you think? If you ant to see the original BG it is posted in Avian Wild and Free

Thanks for all comments.

Fabs Forns
02-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Excellent job Ed, I would have never guessed. The framing on the bird is perfect. Adding some snow would have been a nice touch for a holiday card :)

Robert Amoruso
02-10-2008, 11:50 PM
I too like the framing and the PS work is great. Can not tell at all.

Alfred Forns
02-11-2008, 07:40 AM
I think you are a PS Demon !!!! Really can't tell Excellent for a Xmas card !!!!!