PDA

View Full Version : Desert View Deja Vu

Michael Pancier
09-20-2009, 08:25 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3514/3937241010_3dc48f5688_o.jpg

A shot from last July -- Desert View. It was smokey so did some tweaking to bring out the details.

5d Mark II
24-105L @ 40mm
f/8
1/100
Polarizer
ISO 100

3 stop nd grad
processed with Nik Color Effects Pro 3.0 and viveza to cut through the haze

Robert Amoruso
09-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Lots of detail to drink in here Michael.

I am wondering if the colors are more due to the processing or is this how it looked. Dependent upon the sunlight at that time of day, I know colors can get pretty intense.

Dave Leroy
09-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Looks very nice Michael. You did well dealing with the smoke. It would be really interesting if there was an easy way to enhance the streaking light shafts through the smoke. Well done. Dave

Michael Pancier
09-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Lots of detail to drink in here Michael.

I am wondering if the colors are more due to the processing or is this how it looked. Dependent upon the sunlight at that time of day, I know colors can get pretty intense.

The colors at desert view are pretty intense there. moreso on a clear day. Boosting the contrast to get through the haze here made the colors stand out more I think. But late afternoon is the best time to shoot here to get those reds to stand out. Interestingly, when I shot out there last April, the River was turquoise. Last July, it was muddy brown.

Robert Amoruso
09-21-2009, 11:56 AM
The colors at desert view are pretty intense there. moreso on a clear day. Boosting the contrast to get through the haze here made the colors stand out more I think. But late afternoon is the best time to shoot here to get those reds to stand out. Interestingly, when I shot out there last April, the River was turquoise. Last July, it was muddy brown.

Thanks Michael. Water color all depends on the most recent rains and how much was washed into the river.

Roman Kurywczak
09-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Hey Michael,
I have been there quite a few times and the colors are close enough! Even if they are a bit on the drmatic side.....I like that.......so all that being said very nice job on the PP'ing to bring out the depth in the canyon. BTW......I have never seen the river any other color at that point.....upstream green....but there I have only seen it brown. Nicely done!

Morkel Erasmus
09-21-2009, 05:58 PM
just keep scrolling back up to take in the scene again and again. which I presume is what photo-vistas like this are all about. love the depth, detail and colours sir! great job on making it pop through the haze/smoke...

Harold Davis
09-25-2009, 04:30 PM
awesome view!! colors look fantastic to me, whether real or not. looks like something you could print large and stare at all day.

what is the white thing on the bottom right of the frame? looks like you transplanted robert a's avatar on a tree. :)