PDA

View Full Version : Greater Yellowlegs

Matt Vosniak
09-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Around home here in the Cleveland area the lesser yellowlegs is much more plentiful than the greaters. So while out yesterday when I happened on a couple of greaters at one of my favorite fall shorebirding spots I was pretty happy to get a couple opportunities. Thanks for looking and I hope you like.

Matt

Canon 40D, 300mm + 1.4x converter, 1/1250, f 6.3, ISO 250, -1/3 comp. handheld.

Randy Stout
09-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Matt:

I like the low angle, framing, crossed legs with corresponding reflection, exposure.

I might consider lowering the luminosity of the light spot behind the head and behind the tail.

I heard that there are some problems with the ponds at the North Chagrin Reservation>

Do you know what is going on there? I had planned to try the wooducks next month.

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
09-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Nice low angle you got here, as well as a perfect HA. I may crop at bottom to eliminate the thigh in the reflection and then add the same amount above (if you have it). I would also tone down some of the whites and remove, if you are up for it, some of the OOF paler spots in the BG...especially the ones near the tail and the larger one above the head. Sounds like a productive area!

Axel Hildebrandt
09-20-2009, 09:26 PM
I like the angle and pose. Adding to the other suggestions, the white have a slight magenta cast on my monitor.

Simon Bennett
09-21-2009, 02:32 AM
I like the low perspective and pose. Pale area behind head is a little distracting.

Jim Buescher
09-21-2009, 07:29 AM
I heard that there are some problems with the ponds at the North Chagrin Reservation>

Do you know what is going on there? I had planned to try the wooducks next month.

Randy
Randy, The ponds at North Chagrin have been drained so that workers can replace the stone walkway along the edge. There is still some water and a few wood ducks but the photo opportunities are limited.

Ramon M. Casares
09-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Some clean up to the water and this one would look even better IMO. Nice pose, light, detail and low angle.
Congratulaitons!

Harshad Barve
09-23-2009, 07:58 AM
some additional PP work can help this beautiful image
lovely bird , nice pose & BG
TFS