PDA

View Full Version : Summer memories

Steve Large
09-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi Everyone,
Hope you had a great summer. Other than our local friend the Buttertubs Merlin it's been a bit dead lately. I haven't been posting much on the forum so here is one of my favorites from the summer. I found this Western Tanager's nest in July and was able to photograph there for almost a month wile him and his mate raised their young ones.

Camera Stats: Canon 50D, 500mm F/4 with 1.4X, ISO 200, 1/50 sec at F/8

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Ramon M. Casares
09-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Nice light, BG, and species, good level of detail and wonderfull colors. I would've gone with a higher ISO so to get better SS.
Congratulations!

Axel Hildebrandt
09-20-2009, 08:26 PM
I like the sharpness, eye contact and BG. The perch is a bit large and I would give it more room at the right for the virtual tail. The yellows look a bit overexposed, especially at the back of the head.

Chris van Rooyen
09-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Lovely species, with great background and sharpness! I would prefer the crop to be slightly wider and perhaps darken the feathers at the back of the head a tad?

Steve Large
09-21-2009, 03:36 PM
Lovely species, with great background and sharpness! I would prefer the crop to be slightly wider and perhaps darken the feathers at the back of the head a tad?

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your comments. I hope to have made some of the changes to this re-post as you suggested along with some of the suggestions of Axel and Ramon. This version has more room overall and the yellows on the neck toned down. Hope it looks better.

Thanks,

Steve

Harshad Barve
09-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Nice light, BG, and species, good level of detail and wonderfull colors. I would've gone with a higher ISO so to get better SS.
Congratulations!

Diito Ramon here for tech part , but I must admit I am loving this image , what a species
TFS