PDA

View Full Version : Preening Egret

Ed Vatza
09-20-2009, 11:53 AM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/EdV_02/0909_PeaceValleyEgretWeb_002-Edit-E.jpg

I'm not sure this is far enough OOB for this forum but it definitely is not portrait enough for the Avian forum.

This image began this morning before the fog lifted at Peace Valley Park, Pa. When I arrived at sunrise, the Egret was already at work. I decide to make a few images through the fog. Once I got back, I started to play around with it using Topaz Adjust "Psychedelic" as a starting point and fine tuning from there. At that point the image appeared too blue for my tastes so I actually desaturated the color by about 50%. Topaz also left the image with more noise "texture" than I liked so I did a round of noise reduction with Neat Image. That seemed to restore the hint of fog. This was the result. Again, not certain the final result is OOB enough but here goes.

Canon 50D; 300mm f/2.8L IS lens w/ 2x TC; tripod-mounted.

1/60 sec @ f/9.0; ISO 400; 0 EV

Dave Mills
09-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Hi Ed, It is OOTB since it alters the sense of reality. The blue caste works her and pops the detail in the bird. I would crop a bit off the top down just below the line under the whitish circle...

denise ippolito
09-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Ed, This is OOTB. Sometimes just changing the mood or color tones qualifies for OOTB. I like the use of blues and agree w/ a slight crop. I know you're going to kill me but I see a dark halo around the bird. Maybe from the Topaz?

Fabs Forns
09-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Very nice blue mood. like cool moonlight, Ed, well done!

Harshad Barve
09-24-2009, 08:36 AM
very nice mood , good creation , good advise given by Dave & Denise
TFS