PDA

View Full Version : Sunset

Dave Leroy
09-20-2009, 10:19 AM
York Lake, Yorkton Saskatchewan from a few weeks ago. 70/200 f4IS at 200, f/11, 50D at ISO 400 and 1/750.
Dave

Roman Kurywczak
09-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Hey Dave,
You did a nice job composing this. I like where you placed the sun in the frame and the land silhouette is also placed well. I may try darkening the brighter water in the frame but just for yourself for some comparison. I also recommend you try either chnging the WB to shade or cloudy......this alone will add more color to the sky and as it is the main component add a bit of drama to the entire image. I think you have enough depth in there to carry this scene.....just a bit more color pop will really make a difference. All in all nicely composed and simple.

Jackie Schuknecht
09-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Very nice Dave, I might just take a bit off the top. Lovely colours and I like the dark band of trees.

Robert Amoruso
09-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Good composition Dave and agree with Roman's suggestions. I like the addition of the bird.

Dave Leroy
09-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks for looking and commenting Jackie and Robert.
Roman I had shot in auto wb and had left it alone in the conversion. In pp'n I had even run the file through a blue filter to try and get rid of the yellows and enhance the bits of red. It is hard to try and remember what I saw and then try and dulicate it.
I have tried your suggestion about wb on another late evening shot and it really comes out golden. Thks.
Dave

denise ippolito
09-22-2009, 06:54 AM
Dave, I think this is really,really nice. I like it as it's presented and I wouldn't change a thing. The crescent shaped sun and the birds really add to the scene. The colors are great.

Dave Leroy
09-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks Denise. It is hard to know what to do about colours. You think take a picture to remember the colours and then..... Dave