PDA

View Full Version : Assignment: Light and Shadows - "Bayside"

Gus Cobos
09-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Assignment: Light and Shadows – “Bayside”

Note:
This is an HDRI composed of five frames. The final image was treated with a textured oil canvas application to bring out the details and contrast between the play on light and shadows, and to give it a different twist from the conventional high dynamic range images.

This is Bayside Market Place, located in downtown Miami, Fla. The image was painted with a Nikon D300s, using a Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5 – f/5.6G ED VR lens.

Image Solution:
focal length @ 20mm / exposure mode @ aperture priority / in camera matrix metering / 36 sec. - f/25 /exposure comp @ 0EV / ISO @ 200 / white balance @ cloudy / AF - Mode @ manual / color space @ sRGB / lighting solution – ambient light / tone comp @ 0degree / hue adjustment @ 0 degree / saturation factor @ 0 degree / support platform – tripod assist with remote electronic trigger release.

Comments greatly appreciated...:cool:

Dave Leroy
09-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Very nicely done Gus. It really invites you in to the photo. Lovely colours and lights of the market place and marina stand out very nicely against the shadowy bg. I also like the treatment of the sky.
Dave

Alfred Forns
09-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Like the treatment Gus Have not been there for a long time Will make a fine outing !!!

David Thomasson
09-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Beautifully done, Gus ... and not just lights and shadows but also colors!

One possible refinement, and I'm not sure about this myself, but perhaps make the sky darker toward the top and lighter toward the horizon. I just used gradients on blank soft-light layers.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7459/bayside.gif

Gus Cobos
09-20-2009, 04:23 PM
Thank you Dave...:) I did not not think of the gradient curve for the sky...it does look much better...four eyes are better than two...:D

Sincerely...Gus...:cool:

Lance Peters
09-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Gotta love lots of coloured lights :)
Nice work on the repost David!!

Like the filters added to give it a different effect/feel.

David Thomasson
09-20-2009, 04:49 PM
four eyes are better than two...:D

I have four, so that makes six. :cool:

http://www.radiantpics.com/th/dkt.jpg

Jackie Schuknecht
09-20-2009, 06:09 PM
The HDR is perfect for this image Gus, and you know when you have a DT makeover it will be put up a notch or two. So sorry to hear you have four eyes David:)

Nick Palmieri
09-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Great light. I like the PP and the effect. Maybe cut LL corner out or add a bit more boardwalk if that is what it is.