PDA

View Full Version : Cormorant stretch

arash_hazeghi
09-19-2009, 11:26 PM
After a long day of diving and fishing, neck can become a little bit sore, let's stretch a little bit before I land on a high perch for a peaceful Saturday evening :)

http://www.stanford.edu/~ahazeghi/Photos/birds/cormorant%20stretch%20bpn.jpg

50D + 400 f/5.6 1/1250 f/8 (+1EV) ISO 400 sw: DPP. comments are welcomed.

Alfred Forns
09-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Looks good Arash I'm sure that is what that bird is thinking !!!! :)

I like the pose and bg A little separation from the tail/feet would have been great Good exposure for getting some detail under the wing

Best advice for these is to hammer with the motor drive for a perfect pose and getting on sun angle as much as possible !!! When they are landing into you with the sun behind those feathers can look dramatic !!!

Gus Cobos
09-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi Arash,
I like the composition, image and capture. I like the open wing landing pose, you have good details in the under wing, the stretched neck is a classic...agree on a tid bit more separation between the feet and the tail, also I recommend on selective sharpening the eye just a touch more...good show, I like it...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

Lance Peters
09-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi - techs covered above - IMHO a little more DOF could have been a option here as well - no BG to worry about as such.
Love the neck stretch :)

Jeff Cashdollar
09-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Nice picture these guy's are challenging. I might have been wide open to be sharp as possible. Nice job metering +1 off the sky. Very unique image, I like it - congrats.